Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chicago

Over the weekend I had the amazing opportunity to visit my friend, Jessica, who happens to work for Conan, which happened to be in Chicago filming the late night comedy show at the Chicago Theater!!  Words can not express how much fun, how extremely funny, and how genuinely kind the entire staff of the Conan show was to this midwestern mom!  There is something to be said about visiting with college girlfriends, who you have known since you were 18yrs old, and without hesitation or skipping a single beat, time reverts back to those college days of having a blast with some of your best friends!  And that is exactly what I did over the weekend, plus the fact that my friend has one of the coolest jobs in the world:)


We were having lunch on the riverwalk and the famous State St. bridge was allowing the sailboats to go through!  This is the same bridge Conan and his crew launched various items from throughout the week on his show:)


My friend Jen and I were on board with a lot of the Conan staff, who was kind enough to include us on the architectural boat tour.  Well worth the 75 minute boat ride up and down the Chicago River, very informational...... or maybe I loved it so much because I love love love Chicago!!


 I text this pic to Jess and she said she was going to tweet this pic.  It was in the Walgreens next to the theater, which then Team Conan tweeted the next day.  I can tell you I talked to the gentleman who drew the pic and he was hoping Conan and his crew would acknowledge it.  Yeah! (makes me think I had a little to contribute to making someone very excited about his own talent, ha ha, must be the mom in me:))


 Showtime!!  The theater was so loud and alive!  And the show was hysterical!


Not the greatest pic of Jen and I but we did NOT take very many pics of anything on our trip!  And a huge thanks to Jess and her friend Allison (who also works for Conan) for the amazing hospitality, dinners and countless desserts that were continuously brought to our table!  I guess it pays to know the right people, I'm so thankful I can call them friend:)  Love you Jess and Jen, thanks for the great weekend, I had a blast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment