Thursday, April 8, 2010

Emily

Here are some things Ms Emily is currently saying, doing and believing:
  • Yesterday Emily was crying on the couch and I came and picked her up, placed her on my lap and asked her what was wrong.  She says, "I want to be a fairy, mom, when I grow up.  And fairies aren't real so I can't be one."  I asked her why she wanted to be a fairy. Her reply was, "Fairies can fly, mom! They help people do good things and make their dreams come true." 
  • Marcia is now Marshon, not sure if this new name suits a girl or a boy.  I just don't ask anymore
  • Currently Emily's new imaginary play friend has consistently been Wendy, Marsha's sister.  Here is how their conversations go and I'm not sure who is actually saying what.  "Daniel!"  "Big blue bear!" "Daniel!"  "Big blue bear!" and on and on and on, back and forth.  And the conversation typically ends with Emily screaming at Wendy to go home because she said stupid or shut up.  And those are bad words in this house;)
  • Yesterday while in the car she actually counted to 115 without any help.  I'm VERY proud for her!!
  • When you leave the house, no matter who you are, Emily insists on waving from the window and blowing kisses and if you don't......watch out.  The wrath of Emily isn't pretty.
  • Emily's favorite smell is the freezer.  You know right when you open it.  And she absolutely hates the smell of toast.
  • Today she asked me "Mom, how do you get into heaven if your body is buried in the ground?"  Seriously????!!!  Did my 4 year old just ask me that?  Next.....
  • Emily will spend hours swinging on the swings.  If you've never seen pure joy in action watch my daughter swing, she is so carefree and happy.  So much that it will make you want to jump on a swing and go back to the carefree days of your childhood.
I love my Emily.  She is the girliest of girls and I wouldn't trade her, or raising her, for the world.  Everyday she teaches me to be a better mother.  As do all of my little blessings:)  I am so thankful.









Oh, I almost forgot, just one more thing to add.  Emily loves to sing to herself.  You can always catch her singing anywhere and anytime, but she doesn't want you to be listening.  The song is made up but well imagined, especially if you know my Emily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment