Classic blog post but it's been forever since I last posted, but honestly it's not bothering me. What has been bothering me though is all this sickness!!!! I'm a seriously a bad mother for continually having at least one sick child in the house at all times? That is a question I have asked myself a lot these past couple of weeks. I suppose my house will never be clean enough to get rid of all the germs so I sure hope for strong immune systems once they start school:) And of course there is always a child sneezing in my face or wiping snot on my leg/arm so inevitably I have been sick too:( Not cool. But I seriously can not help but enjoy the cuddling and kissing my babes need when they are down and out. It's one of those mommy boosters, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Not gonna lie, I love it until evening settles in and then I'm over the screaming and crying. It's emotionally and physically exhausting! Especially when you are running on little sleep. Also who doesn't love a night's uninterrupted sleep? I will have to say this though, I have been blessed these past couple of days with a tremendous amount of patience so I am thankful for that because there has been a lot and I mean A LOT of coughing/crying/sneezing/you name it going on in this house and tempers have erupted:) Daniel, the poor baby, was up every half hour from 1am on, finally starting his day at 6am! Thank God for morning naps, he's been asleep for the past 2hrs:)
We have had several two and three day spurts where everyone is well, which is nice. And Patrick and I actually got a date night out free of kids for an entire night last week thanks to his parents! So I really need to shut my mouth or in this case quit typing:) That night was amazing;) best thing ever for parents with little kids........DATE NIGHT!!!
Although it's been a rough wave with sickies these past two months the family is loving this warmer weather!! We have had friends over to play, we've gone on a couple of road trips to visit family and had a great time with cousins on Easter!! Pictures to come, I promise (because that is really what most people who read family blogs care about) We definitely missed our Phoenix family this past weekend but by the looks of it they had a great Easter weekend too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment