Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sick.

So last night was fun.  By the way that was me ooozzinnngggg with sarcasm.  Poor little kids were puking!

My morning started off with the sweet sounds of . . . birds? Are you kidding me?! Not in this house! I awoke to the sad sounds of Daniel coughing and then puking.  I thought it was funny (and not because Daniel was puking) because I'm like a hawk or some animal with a keen sense of hearing.  (A bat maybe?) I jumped out of bed so fast, it's shocking.  Poor hubby was sleepily caught saying, "He's just coughing.  Oh wait is he puking?"  At this point, I have my baby upside down between my arms vomiting in the hallway and I reply "Yup, pretty sure he's puking."  And so the day begins:)

So Hannah wakes up with a fever this morning and I tell the older kids to lay low.  Stay away from her, just hang out and watch TV before going to school.  Do you think they listen?  No way!  Hannah is wheezing and chasing Aidan and Emily around the house.  The older kids are screaming, "Germs, stay away!  Don't touch us, you have germs.  We'll have to wash our hands again! NO!"

Lord, please help me with an abundance of patience today:) and thank you for the really big pot of coffee.
This is also when I say to myself and other friends in the same boat, Go Team Motherhood!!  (Gotta keep myself and perhaps others motivated to keep at it throughout the day:) I refuse to ever feel defeated!)

No comments:

Post a Comment