I'm spending the morning watching Hannah and her gigantic world of a two year old. Daily I get to witness her growing as a child, a sister (big and little), a daughter. She is so fun to watch and she really makes my heart smile. Here are the things she currently is doing:
She loves her ginky (blanket). Whenever there is an opportunity, especially at nap time and bed time she stuffs a large amount of her ginky into her mouth and sucks on it. And that is where Emily and I have come up with the term "Stinky Ginky."
Every time I sit or kneel on the floor Hannah runs over to me, most times tackling, and says with excitement, "I luv lou Mom!" and then kisses me wherever her head is at the moment. So her kiss might be on my knee, or my back, my arm, .....you get the picture right?
Hannah consistently calls Lucky Charms, her favorite cereal, Trix. I guess because I'm her mother I find this funny because she does NOT like Trix.
Hannah is a string cheese maniac! She doesn't pull it off into 'strings' like you are supposed to, she just bites the whole stick in chunks. You can always bet that she will leave a piece for later and 99% of the time her Dad finds the cheese in the most unlikely places, sending him into fits. Then she runs over to him, snatches the cheese out of his hand and eats it. This cracks me up, because it is one of those battles I would never choose to fight and Daddy always chooses to pick.
Hannah loves to dress up and play princess or ballerina. She adores her sister Emily always wanting to wear her clothes, dance and sing with her sister. They are quite the act. The clothes thing is actually working out quite nice these days because Emily picks out Hannah's clothes, down to the shoes and underwear, in the morning and there are no battles. I know Tamara, this will not last:) but I'm enjoying this routine for now.
I also have to thank Emily, the older sister, for her help and encouragement in potty training Hannah. I truly believe it wasn't all me and my motherly-ness, ha ha.
I also have to thank Emily, the older sister, for her help and encouragement in potty training Hannah. I truly believe it wasn't all me and my motherly-ness, ha ha.
Hannah loves to draw and color on paper most times, but occasionally the wall and floor call her name and like any 2 year old she can not resist. This is something I do not love or encourage her to do, but she is my first child to partake in this activity so I had to mention it. Thank the Lord for washable markers and Magic Erasers.
Another sweet thing about Hannah is that she can not say her T's, S's, C's, or K's properly. The sound comes out SH. So we love hearing her say her cousins names Tyler-Shyler, Caleb-Chaleb. You can imagine the laughter the first time we heard her screaming Hello Kitty:) and thanks to our friends Kate and Jason who have cats, always encouraging Hannah to call for the 'kitties.' It's always funny when it's someone else's kid, right?! I consistently correct her on speech, which she is able to do by slowing down and annunciating, but most people around me remind me she is two and let this be one of her 'things.'
Of course we have the constant battles of the No's! We won't even go there:)
Hannah loves to pretend she is the family dog. Her two older siblings enjoy this as well, feeding and grooming her is comical!
Miss Hannah I love watching you grow.
Miss Hannah I love watching you grow.
This is false advertisement, this is a substitute ginky. I actually do not have a picture of the real stinky ginky.....yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment