Sunday we were up early and had eaten a homemade breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and Dad's famous hashbrowns all before 8am! My sister at 8:03am invited us to the creek and we were in the water by 11:30. I have numerous childhood memories of creek crawling and I was ecstatic to share this with my family along with cousins and good friends!
These cliffs are so beautiful! It's the one thing about rivers in Missouri that are simply breathtaking.
Aidan testing things out, jumping off of the little rock.
Hannah cried when we put her in the water and she REALLY cried when we had to get her out of the water!
Emily surprised all of us, loving the outdoors!! She walked up the creek and floated down over a dozen times!!!
And yes Aidan did jump off the big rock, again, and again, and again. I was shocked at how my kids were loving the river for 6.5 hours!!! No tantrums, no whining, no "I want to go home," except for Daniel missing his afternoon nap the day was awesome (and surprisingly as the hubby said, very relaxing)!! Guess I know where we will be this summer if we aren't in our lake......
CREEK CRAWLING!
No comments:
Post a Comment